By: Samantha Silva, UWS Human Nutrition and Functional Medicine student
As the weather gets warmer (and hopefully stays that way!), I find myself craving smoothies and smoothie bowls. Not only are these refreshing treats in the spring and summer months, they are also a quick and easy way to incorporate several different nutrients into the diet. This smoothie bowl is full of healthy fats, antioxidants, fiber and even some gut-healing ingredients. Nourish your brilliant body, then soak up some sunshine!
- 1/2 an avocado
- Handful of greens (kale and spinach are two good options)
- 1/2 cup organic raspberries
- 1/2 cup organic blackberries
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 scoops of marine collagen (I prefer Vital Proteins Marine Collagen)
- Sliced organic strawberries
- Raw cacao nibs
- Unsweetened shredded coconut
- Chia seeds
Instructions: Blend smoothie ingredients well, then garnish with toppings above or add your own!